EPEC Pediatrics – Train the trainer
On the 29th and 30th of October, immediately follow the 5th Maruzza International Congress on Paediatric Palliative Care, the ‘Become an EPEC-Pediatrics Trainer’ workshop will be held in Rome.
This ‘Become an EPEC-Pediatrics Trainer’ workshop is aimed at professionals who are already experienced in providing pediatric palliative care and wish to teach Pediatric Palliative Care in their region or country. This is NOT a course for pediatric clinicians hoping to learn the basics of PPC.
The professions that can participate are: doctors, nurses, psychologists, phisyotherapists and social workers.
The workshop is based on the well-established and proven training methods of EPEC, the curriculum features a high impact, widely disseminated approach that utilizes a train-the-trainer model. Participants must be fully articulate in the English Language to be able to complete the training modules.
The 2021 Faculty:
Senior Master Facilitator
- Justin Baker MD, St Jude Children’s Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Stefan Friedrichsdorf MD, FAAP, Children’s Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Barbara L. Jones PhD, Steve Hicks School of Social Work, Austin, TX,
- Joanne Wolfe MD, MPH Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA
Junior Master Facilitator
- Hans-Ulrich Bender MD, PPC Care Center, Dr. von Haunersches Children’s Hospital, Munich, Germany
- Jonathan Downie MD, Consultant in Paediatric Palliative Medicine, Royal Hospital for Children, Glasgow, Scotland
- Diana McIntosh MD, Consultant in Paediatric Palliative Medicine, Royal Hospital for Children, Glasgow, Scotland
Please note that ‘Become an EPEC-Pediatrics Trainer’ workshop can only be booked on-line congress registration page in connection with the registration for the congress.
Participation in the 2-day training is limited to a maximum of 54 places offered to congress delegates at exceptionally advantageous price of € 590,00.
Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis established by the chronological order of registration that will only be valid once full payment is received by the Secretariat.
Early booking is highly recommended.
Registration closes on 28th September 2021.
Registration fees Include:
- 2-day face-to-face workshop in Rome
- Access to 18 online self-study modules (pain and symptom management, grief and bereavement, child development etc.)
- Workshop kitbag (badge, notes, pen etc.)
- Access to EPEC Dropbox materials
- Light lunch during Congress days
- Refreshments during coffee breaks
- Certificate of participation (issued to participants completing ALL of the educational sessions)
- Training materials included in the curriculum (on achievement of the certification)
Upon successful completion of ALL of the 24 training modules (18 online self-study modules must be completed before attending the 2 day a face-to-face conference in Rome) participants will become a certified EPEC Trainer and receive the following training materials:
- 24 PowerPoint Presentations
- A comprehensive teaching handbook for each module to teach interdisciplinary teams
- Trigger videos
*The ‘EPEC Trainer’ certificate will be issued only to participants completing ALL of the educational sessions; attendees will be required to sign in and sign out at the beginning and end of each training day.