On the 19th and 20th of October 2024, the Train the Trainer workshop will be held in Rome at Roma Scout Center.
Please be aware that the EPEC workshop venue is different from the Congress venue.
This Train the Trainer workshop is aimed at professionals who are already experienced in providing pediatric palliative care and wish to teach Pediatric Palliative Care in their region/country or institution. This is NOT a course for pediatric clinicians hoping to learn the basics of PPC.
The professions that can participate are: doctors, nurses, psychologists, phisyotherapists and social workers.
The workshop is based on the well-established and proven training methods of EPEC, the curriculum features a high impact, widely disseminated approach that utilizes a train-the-trainer model. Participants must be fully articulate in the English Language to be able to complete the training modules.
The 2024 Faculty:
Senior Master Facilitators
- Stefan J.Friedrichsdorf (course director), Elisa and Marc Stad Professor in Pediatric Pain Medicine, Palliative Care and Integrative Medicine at the University of California at San Francisco (USA). Chief of the Division of Pediatric Pain, Palliative and Integrative Medicine, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals
- Justin N. Baker, MD, FAAP, FAAHPM, Chief, Division of Quality of Life and Pediatric Palliative Care Director, QoLA Program (Quality of Life for All), Attending Physician – QoLA Pediatric Palliative Care Team, Associate Chief Quality Officer for Patient Experience and Holistic Care Deborah E. Addicott – John A. Kriewall and Elizabeth A. Haehl Family, Professor, Department of Pediatrics Stanford School of Medicine and Stanford Medicine Children’s Health, USA
- Poh Heng Chong, MD, HCA Hospice Limited, Singapore. Founder of Star PALS, a specialist community PPC service; Chairperson, PPC Special Interest Group, Asia Pacific Hospice and Palliative Care Network (APHN)
- Ross Drake, MD, FRACP, FChPM, FFPMANZCA, Senior Medical Officer Qeensland Integrative Paedriatic Pain Service and Queensland Paediatric Palliative Care Service, Queensland Children’s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
- Alexis Morvant, MD, Kriewall Haehl Endowed Directorship of the Pediatric Palliative Care Program at Stanford University Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital. Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Stanford University School of Medicine, USA
- Joanne Wolfe, Physician in Chief, MassGeneral for Children, Chair, Department of Pediatrics Massachusetts General Hospital, Chair, Department of Pediatrics Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, USA
Junior Master Facilitators
- Julia Downing, Chief Executive Officer at International Children’s Palliative Care Network (ICPCN) – South Africa and Professor in Palliative Care at Makerere University, Uganda
- Elizabeth Seashore, MD, Pediatric hematologist-oncologist and palliative care specialist, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, USA
Please note that Train the Trainer workshop can only be booked on-line congress registration page in connection with the registration for the congress.
Participation in the 2-day training is limited to a maximum of 54 places offered to congress delegates at exceptionally advantageous price
of € 720,00.
Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis established by the chronological order of registration that will only be valid once full payment is received by the Secretariat.
Early booking is highly recommended.
Registration closes on 6th October 2024.
Registration fee includes:
- 2-day live interactive conference with plenaries and small-group breakout sessions
- Instruction using a train-the-trainer format (teaching you how to teach others) pediatric pain/ symptom management and key aspects of Pediatric Palliative Care to an interdisciplinary audience using interactive lecture, cases, and role play
- Access to 18 self-study online modules on pain and symptom management, grief and bereavement, child development, and more
- Light lunch during Workshop days
- Refreshments during coffee breaks
- Certificate of participation (issued to participants completing ALL of the educational sessions)
Upon successful completion of ALL of the 24 training modules (18 online self-study modules must be completed before attending the 2 day a face-to-face conference in Rome) participants will become a certified EPEC Trainer and receive the following training materials:
- EPEC-Pediatrics teaching materials library (22 PowerPoint presentations)
- A comprehensive teaching handbook for each module to teach interdisciplinary teams
- Trigger videos
*The ‘EPEC Trainer’ certificate will be issued only to participants completing ALL of the educational sessions; attendees will be required to sign in and sign out at the beginning and end of each training day.